Saturday 5 March 2011

25th and 4th Roundup!




Last week we went on a fantastic visit to the St Luke's in Old Street to see the LSO Pianist Alexander Karpeyev play- the man is a literal prodigy type creature, he plays WITHOUT MUSIC some of the hardest pieces you could ever imagine, I mean he does practise around four to seven hours a day. Which is a pretty big commitment but even without that I mean if it were me I'd still have a shakey sweaty nervous breakdown a la Geoffrey Rush in Shine:





On the 4th, we went to go see Of Gods and Men (I think, don't have the ticket handy) at the Prince Charles Cinema- crikey is that value for money it's really worth signing up for a card you get £2.50 films! Handy tip for you.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the film? It was quite a nice experience seeing something you'd never heard of before, so when you sat down you really did have to work out what was happening- considering this was a film with what? 40% dialogue? That was no mean feat. I think it was beautifully filmed, and there were some scenes in it that were really emotive- especially when I finally worked out that they were waiting to be killed by the mujahadeen, that sort of explained bits for me.

What did everyone else think? Someone write a review!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment